Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm Baaaack!!!!

Well that was one loooooong nap.

Seriously, my last post in October of 2010 was at the end of my 26 hour marathon and I was tired.  But I also was realizing that that event had been like my business:  there was so much I wanted to do, but that I didn't get done because I couldn't do it alone.  I needed help that day.  I need help now.  I need employees!

But when you are a small business and you make the realization that it is time to hire staff one of the biggest obstacles, besides letting the control freak in you take a break -- is figuring out how you're going to pay for it.

Hiring staff is expensive.  Not only the search part, but also the training period.  And lets face it, while most business people will agree that all of your employees should be either making you or saving you money, at the begining they cost you money.  So where does a small business in this economy get the funds to hire staff?

Well for me.  I had one big idea that went nowhere.  (We won't talk about that)  And then I had another big idea that equally fizzled.

So then I decided to make it more simple....T-Shirts for Jobs
I decided to sell T-shirts that have graphics about one of my most popular quality improvement theme...The Power of CARE.    I'd use the proceeds to help fund hiring new staff to help me grow my business.

And I decided to bring a couple of organizations I care about along with me for the ride.  So a portion of the proceeds will go to the Maryland Head Start Association and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware.

2 comments: